Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A NEW LIFE....

Remember this?...



Well, my Must Sew #1 disaster now looks like this...



I had that darn 3 armhole dress hanging up in my sewing room begging for forgiveness, so I thought I'd give it a new life.... I loved the fabric - and still love that vintage pattern (Butterick 4699), but the 2 together just didn't work, and I still need to make the vintage pattern smaller. I had this Simplicity pattern already, and thought that it may just save the day! And I think it did. I unpicked the original dress, and used the fabric from what I had....it's a little shorter than I prefer because I didn't have enough fabric, but Oh so Summery! This pattern went together so easily, and I really like the fit. I also lined it because I think garments just hang a whole lot nicer when thery're lined.

I actually used the shorter length sleeve in View C (without elastic gathering) because I really didn't like the longer sleeves on the pattern.

I am still wanting to sew the original vintage pattern (3 armhole dress)....I'll have to give that one some extra thought.

I am going to make up the blouse pattern from the Simplicity 3835 because it looks SO easy! I have just the fabric to make it up in. I may just do this tonight or tomorrow. I'll show you when it's done...

1 comment: