We had a 40th Birthday Party to go to a couple of years ago, and each guest had to dress as something beginning with 'P' or 'V'. So here we have a Vampire and Violet from the Incredibles.
Tom's costume was made from poplin fabric (because it's cheap!) using McCall's 3746 (View D). It consisted of elasticised pants, vest and cape. His cape was lined in red fabric - I don't think you can tell from the photo, and I just sewed Velcro down the front of his vest and attached some fancy gold buttons (only because I couldn't be bothered spending time doing button holes on a costume!) He did have some huge fangs to wear but they annoyed him, so I just painted some on him instead!
Rebecca's costume was made from Lycra fabric. I used Kwik Sew pattern number 3104 (view A) for the unitard in red, and placed the zip down the back instead of the front, so that I could applique the "incredibles" logo on the front (I bought a cheapie costume and cut out the logo from the bib). I made some knickers (I can't remember what pattern I used ,but any would do) and added the orange band to them, and made a matching headband. I LOVE this costume! The boots and gloves were purchased. We tried to dye her hair black for the occasion, but didn't quite work out. We painted her mask on so she didn't have to wear one all night.
I'll post what Glen and I wore tomorrow.
Thanks for popping in.