Saturday, April 11, 2009

A BIT OF KOOKINESS


I thought I'd take a quick photo of Bec practicing her piano last night (I don't take enough of those types of photos), and had to giggle, did you spot anything weird in her Great Barrier Reef diarama? (on top of piano)

OK, so here's a close-up of the behind enemy lines scene!



I just LOVE my children's sense of humour...

Bec and I managed to squeeze in a bit of crafting before Easter. Nothing too earth shattering - it's all been done about a gazillion times before, but I had some nice fabric I wanted to use.




I used the flower fabric for my coasters because it really matches my favourite cup so well. The golf ball coaster is for my die-hard-golfer-mad Dad, and the tape measure one is for my Mum's sewing room.



Bec has just discovered how easy it is to make pony tail holders! She made 9 pairs today - lucky for me I ran out of self covering buttons! The metal ones are better to use than the plastic ones because the 'shank' is a lot bigger and you can fit the snagless elastic through it easily (so you don't have to stitch or glue it on)
***
We would just like to wish you all a very happy Easter.

3 comments:

  1. ...HMMMp what fabric did you use to make my coaster with?
    Was that Thomas who put the soldier in the ocean thingy?
    Yes..you definately should be taking more photos of the day to day things... we all should.
    See You Soon
    xx Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter!
    Love the ponytail holder idea...they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toy soldier made me laugh, my eldest son when he was 2 thought the fish in our tank were bored so he put in some comics, toys and dolls house furniture. What a sweet lad. And luckily the fish lived to tell the tale!

    ReplyDelete