Sunday, April 8, 2012

ANOTHER GINGER...

Well, I have been sewing a LOT lately, just not for myself!

At the moment, I'm pretty much holding down three jobs....
Some days I have my Secretary's hat on, some days I have my Retail Assistant's hat on and for the rest of the time, I have my Alteration & Mending Seamstress' hat on!

I have started up an Alteration & Mending business (again) and I have been overwhelmed with the jobs coming my way, it has been really good and this time I've been enjoying it, mainly because I have put my prices up to reflect the real time and effort I put into it.

I even had enough work coming my way to justify buying my new friend, Diana.

Anyhoo...since it is school holidays, I've grabbed the opportunity to make myself something.



Another Ginger skirt....made from Panama Suiting from Spotlight and lined with Bemsilk.
I was going to lengthen it this time but totally forgot about it when I cut it out, so I put a false hem on with bias binding to eek out a little length.
I made some self covered buttons and inserted an invisible zip. Nice!




The top is one I've made several times. Simplicity 3835, which appears to be out of production now.
I scored this remnant fabric (polyester crepe or something) for $3 from Potter Textiles
(Sorry Tracy...Impulse visit!)

I tried a couple of techniques on the blouse which I haven't done for a while, French Seams (which I forgot to photograph) and Rolled Hems on my over locker.
Both gave a nice finish.


I bought another remnant while I was at Potter Textiles, so I will probably make another one of these blouses.

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo very nice Jen, we are still away hopefully will get time to catch up when we get back.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these new additions to your wardrobe! Im surprised you have time to sleep... that's a LOT of hats you're wearing :) good luck with your new business venture!

    ReplyDelete