Sunday, April 15, 2012

CHOCOLATE GINGER FINISHED WITH A LATTE

Yes, I was hungry when I wrote this post;)

Firstly, Chocolate Ginger sounds more appetizing than Brown Skirt!
And secondly, Latte is so much more tastier than Light Brown Bias!!


So, here we have my third Colette Ginger Skirt - certainly not my last, but for now it will take a back seat to some other projects.

I just love this skirt with its simple lines, not to mention how easy it was to whip up.


This was a total stash busting project.
I have about a gazillion zippers, so finding one to match was not a hard task.
Plenty of interfacing for the waistband - check!
The fabric was leftover from some trousers I made a few years back.
Oh, and the latte! I finished the hem in this pale brown bias which I hope lasts as long as the skirt - I have no idea how long I've had it (I've been sewing for over 30 years, you know!) and it felt a bit cardboard-y when I was slip stitching it..eek, it may disintegrate on me!



The innards...
The pattern doesn't call for lining, but I do like to line most of my garments though as I feel they hang a lot nicer.


My invisible zipper (which doesn't look so invisible when done up - darn it! - might work on that a bit more).



And the waistband top stitching - I like it when the innards look as nice as the outside!


Off to Busselton and Margaret River for a few days, so enjoy the rest of the week.

2 comments:

  1. And here I was thinking you had done some baking. One of these days I will see you in one of your creations.. Enjoy the country
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing is always so neat and perfect Jenni! Have a wonderful break xxx

    ReplyDelete